No Service Problem After Turning Off Airplane Mode on iPhone 7
If you have been on a flight in the last few years, you must be familiar with the constant reminder from the flight attendants to turn off all electronic devices. Then if the plane has reached an altitude of 10,000 feet, you can use your device in Airplane mode. But actually, Airplane mode is more than just a way to comply with flight attendants’ request to disable your device during a flight. Airplane mode disables a device’s cellular radio, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth – the wireless transmission functions.
But recently, there are many airplanes offer in-flight Wi-Fi, and cellular access may be coming to planes soon. As we mentioned before, Airplane mode has another advantages for your devices because this mode offers a quick way to disable your device’s battery-draining radios. By turning on this mode, you can extend your device’s battery life as long as you don’t need any of those wireless radios. Sadly, there are some iPhone 7 users who reported a no service problem after turning off airplane mode on iPhone 7. If you are one of those iPhone 7 users, here are what you need to know to fix iPhone 7 problem.
How to fix a no service problem after turning off airplane mode on iPhone 7
If you have ever used Airplane mode on your iPhone 7 during a flight, and then after you have turned it off you found that your iPhone 7 fails to connect to your cellular network, then you are not alone. Yes, there are some other iPhone 7 users who have ever experienced this no service problem after turning off airplane mode on iPhone 7. Apparently, the company has acknowledged this issue and is working on a fix. Below we have some important steps to do in the meantime if you get the same problem in the future:
- If you want to start with this potential fix, just toggle Airplane mode on and off again. You can swipe up and do it in Control Center or go to Settings > Airplane Mode.
- If your iPhone 7 fails to connect to your cellular network after the first step above, you need to ensure that there is service coverage in your area. Find out whether the other phones can connect without issues or not. You can also do the following steps to ensure the availability of your cellular network. Take a look in Settings > General > About and see if there is an update next to Carrier.
- The next step for possible fix of a no service problem after turning off Airplane Mode on iPhone 7 may help you if you fail with the previous 2 steps. Keep in mind that if you are travelling internationally, you will need roaming turned on in Settings > Cellular > Data Roaming. By turning on this setting, you will be able to connect your device to your cellular network.
- Probably you need to turn your iPhone off and on again, in which there are some issue that can be fixed with this simple action. By turning your iPhone off and on again, you’ll be able to refresh your iPhone, and hopefully your service problem can be fixed with this action. Just press and hold the Sleep/Wake button to turn your iPhone off and then drag the slider to turn it completely off. Once your iPhone is off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again to turn it on again.
- Next, you will need to ensure that there is no problem with your SIM card. Firstly, turn your iPhone off and then remove the SIM card of the tray to ensure that there is no dirt or damage on the card, and then place the SIM card back into the place and start your iPhone 7 again.
- The last, we still have this possible fix for this service problem. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. All these steps are potentially helpful to fix this problem. Remember that you will need to enter some details for Wi-Fi networks and passwords again after doing this.
Cellular network is very much important, therefore if you have this no service problem after turning off Airplane mode on iPhone 7, you need to get the best solution to fix it as soon as possible. We do hope that what we share here is helpful for your problem. If you fail to fix your problem after doing all steps in this tutorial, possibly you need to see an expert to help you or you may contact related services to help you. If you have any other solution that is not written here, feel free to share your solution with us so that you can help the other users who have the same problem with you.